Thursday 22 January 2015

The Return to School and Blogging

Well, I'm back...

I'm terribly sorry for not having written any posts here for over two months. I really need to put more effort to this blog, or otherwise it will not go well my final grades for this year.

Anyway, I' came back from my three week-long christmas break in January 13. The break started (I think) in December 15 last year. I spent the majority of my break with my family back in the mainland. We had an awesome one-week christmas vacation in Costa del Sol in Spain, where we visited Gibraltar and Málaga, and all cities and villages between them. However, I didn't do any schoolwork when I was there (I had some completition-work left from the 2D-course to do). Instead I completed them on January after New Year.

I still have some work to tend to in the course, which really sucks now when we have entered the second part of the course (on January 20), which will go on for a couple of months. Fortunately, the second part is a 50% studyrate course, which means that we'll only have one day of lesson per week, but still with the tradition to give new, fresh homeworks to us lorehungry students after each lesson. So I have much to tend to in the two-part 2D-course. But there is more!

On January 19, we entered the grand Introduction to Game Development course. Now, it's finaly time to make a PC-game, not the small ones in the Game Jams, not the paper prototypes of already existing games. No, now me and my trustful group of gaming compadres will produce a full fledged, beautiful and (hopefully) complete PC-game which must be finished on Marsh 27. But we'll not do Magic Writer, our previous gaming project last year. No, this time we'll take over the reins from an another group which we chose during the first day of the new course. Each group in the class chose a game that an another group has created, with the task to elaborate and come up with new ideas for the game, produce it and present it for the teacher and the entire class during certain dates during the two month development period, until the final submission on March 27.

My group chose "Mole Munch", a stealth-game created by Team 8. We think this game has pretty interesting ideas, which we would really like to expand on. The player controls a mole who collects carrots from a garden, guarded by gardeners which the mole must avoid. The mole can dig down under ground, creating a hole in the gound while doing it, and pop up again, only to have his eyesight and speed considerably reduced, making him vulnerable for bypassing humans. If the mole will be spotted by one of the humans, he will chase it and pour water in the hole the mole came from.

This game will be a tactical stealth game for a young gaming audience, and me and my group will try to spend every weekday to build it from scratch. And in the process, finish all homework and stuff from the 2D-course as well as from the addition al courses some of us have assigned to mine being the motion-capture course which will start sometime on April.

I'm back for business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment