Monday 10 November 2014

First 2D Lesson

So today I had my first lesson in the 2D Computer Graphics-coruse. I've finishing both the  Introduction Course in Game Design and the Written and Spoken Communication Course last week. This means that we are going to draw lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of different stuff. And it was a very special day, atleast for me, because our first assignment in todays lesson was to make sketches of a nude model, who swapped poses after a couple of minutes. We learned how to make quick sketcthes through a four-part process:

Dynamics = To paint the subjects movement (aka. position).
Volume/Form = To paint the subjects upper body.
Anatomy = To paint the subjects other body parts.
Details/Execution = Polish it.

I was quite unprepared for this; I only had my little notepad and some dirty pens at my disposal. After the lesson, I and (almost) the entire class went to the art store Ridelius (the oldest store in Visby) and bought a new sketchbook and a kit of pens, an eraser, a sharpener and a ruler. Now I'm prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment