Saturday 4 October 2014

My First Jam

Yesterday, I and my most of my class participated in a gaming event called "My First Jam". Here both new and older students come together and in groups of 5-6 people develop a computer game based on the theme "addiction" with a game-development application called "GameMaker". Me and my group (called "Gotland Wikings") came with the idea of having a man being totally obsessed of milk. So we put him in the air, with a jetpack, and he must collect milk bottles and in the same time try to avoid flying cows and goats. If he would get touched by these, than he would die and the player must restart the game. We named the game: "Milkaholic".

It took us approximately 7-8 hours (from 10:00-18:00) to complete the development of the game. The brainstorming took about an hour and during the rest of the time we programmed and painted some stuff. I took the time with painting the animals and the milk bottles. We ate lunch from the school cafiteria, and got some free snacks from the teachers (chocolate, lollipops and juice). After we uploaded the game on Dropbox, we presented the game to the rest of the students. During the evening, me and the other students spent the time to test our games, eating free pizza and having a great time. We also did some voting on the games based on three categories: Best Interpretation, Best Execution and Most Fun. My game didn't get any of these, but our consolation prize was pizza and snacks (that was left).

It was really, really fun and I would gladly do all of this again.

Here's the link to Milkaholic: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/86v0cwcpzq7qcx1/AAAOYKICY4mgISb_k9GvTUrka?dl=0

You need to save the file at Dropbox, and then download it from there.








No comments:

Post a Comment